Industry Engagement & Enterprise
Creating an international centre to stimulate the growth of the offshore wind sector in the Humber region.
Building on the successful Green Port Growth Programme and other initiatives, Aura’s role is to act as a catalyst for the development of innovative and knowledge-based businesses benefiting the offshore wind sector.
Aligning and focusing resources from within the Humber region and beyond, Aura is about nurturing and cultivating business and technology support services across the value chain to help create sustainable jobs and a long-term future for wind and other renewable energy sources in the Energy Estuary.
- Provides a front door for the offshore wind sector in the Energy Estuary (a physical hub, in Green Port Hull is planned)
- Provides access to sector-leading facilities to support knowledge-based resources and advice to the supply chain
- Acts as a catalyst for collaborative innovation to accelerate the development of the offshore wind industry
- Contributes to the establishment of a supply chain cluster of companies in the Humber region supporting the offshore wind sector
- Promoting the Humber on the offshore wind global stage
Aura will deliver this collaboratively with stakeholders through each of its intrinsically linked strands of activity by:
- Providing access to technical facilities such as testing and innovation
- Stimulating new business growth via incubation and business support services
- Providing consultancy, expert advice and reporting
- Enhancing supply chain sophistication through networks and connections
- Promoting the Humber on the global stage in offshore wind
- Proving access to technical facilities (testing, innovation)
- The development of the talent and skills needed by the offshore wind sector through the Aura Talent Pipeline strand
- Consultancy, expert advice and reports
- Industry intelligence and information
- Industry events, including conference and meeting facilities, marketing and promotion